Hey Beauties! Today I will be sharing all my thoughts and tips on Real Techniques’ Miracle Diamond Sponge! I first heard of this makeup sponge through a beauty YouTuber and I’m honestly surprised how little this sponge has been hyped up and how little I’ve heard about it. If I’m being honest, before purchasing this product the only makeup sponges I had were some inexpensive ones from Marshall’s. Now those do get the job done eventually, but they do take a little extra beating to the face to fully blend in makeup and don’t give the perfect airbrushed look most of us desire. I’ve always been a bit hesitant to pay $20 for the beauty blender since my budget is a little tight (I’m only 16 years old after all lol) but I think that eventually I’ll decide to buy it since it is considered the holy grail of makeup sponges.
So after deciding that I wanted to save a little bit more money, I made it my goal to find the best quality makeup sponge for the best price that worked for me. And after searching high and low, I came upon the Diamond Sponge. After doing some research, the majority of people who had this sponge said it was comparable to the Beauty Blender and the softness and application of the sponge was similar. Although I’ve never tried the Beauty Blender myself, this was enough info to convince me to buy the sponge. I first bought the sponge towards the end of December and since then I have replaced the sponge once after about 3 months (It’s recommended to replace every 1-3 months). It’s now been enough time of using it that I’m ready to review it!
I purchased my Diamond Sponge at ULTA and the description on their website is as follows:
This multi-faceted Real Techniques Miracle Diamond Sponge is uniquely designed to work with multiple products on different areas of your face. No two Miracle Diamond Sponges are alike – each has its own unique swirl design.
- Pointed tip covers small imperfections
- Larger flat sides function as a wedge to apply makeup to larger areas like your forehead and cheeks
- Smaller flat sides are great for precision contouring around your eyes, mouth, and brow bone
- Top works great to buff and blend out your makeup for a flawless finish
- Use wet for dewy application and dry for full coverage powders
- Replace every 1-3 months
- Ideal for creams, or liquids for flawless results
After washing it today with hot water and dish soap:
Now onto the pros and cons…
- Like most sponges, they recommend using it wet, which I feel gives the best airbrushed look.
- The marble swirl design makes the sponge visually pleasing and as advertised each has their unique design.
- The multiple surfaces of the sponge allow to precisely target each area of the face.
- My favorite part of the sponge is the pointed tip of the sponge because it blends out under-eye concealer very well and allows you to get into the corner of the eye and any other nooks and crannies (such as around the nostrils).
- It can easily be cleaned by soaking in hot water and then washing with dish soap.
- The flat top of the Diamond covers a large surface and decreases the time you have to spend blending your foundation.
- At only $10, this sponge is half the price of the beauty blender.
- The smaller flat sides work great for dipping into loose powder and baking the face.
- I personally use it mostly for foundation and concealer and feel that it does a great job.
- The pointed tip of the Diamond is a little flimsy and on my first sponge a small piece of it ripped off.
So whether you’re starting off in makeup or just want to save some cash I would definitely recommend investing in this product. It’s a great alternative to the beauty blender and can be used for all types of cream products and loose face powders. For $10 it can be purchased online at Real Techniques here or at ULTA in store or online here.
Thank You all so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post and give the Miracle Diamond Sponge a try! Feel free to leave any feedback in the comments!! ❤